My Storybook Favorites

Being the very "extra" individual that I am, I went through the entire list of mythology and folklore storybooks and found three excellent contenders that really stood out to me: Mythical Monsters of the New World, Wizarding World Tales, and Suitor Tests.

The first storybook, Mythical Monsters of the New World, was my absolute favorite. 

Picture: Pexels

This storybook immediately drew me in because of the immersive experience it offered. I loved that I got to choose what the main character would do and where he would go next. I was ultimately deciding his fate and the nerd inside me absolutely loved it! It immediately made me think of the 2018 Black Mirror film Bandersnatch on Netflix, which I believe could have been the author's influence for the storybook. Not only did I love the overall experience, but I also loved the creative and almost sci-fi fantasy nature of the whole story. I found myself wanting to know even more!


My second favorite was Wizarding World Tales.

Banner Image: Hogwarts Illustration from pixabay

The title of this storybook alone was enough to grab my immediate and full attention because I'm a huge Potterhead (Hufflepuff and proud)! I was secretly hoping while scouring the list of storybooks that there would be a Harry Potter inspired story, and I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed! I loved the direction of creativity the author went with by writing a story about Teddy Lupin, the son of Remus Lupin and Tonks, grown-up, and attending school at Hogwarts. Teddy was a character that Potter fans all over the world were left with knowing very little about so I enjoyed getting to read this author's interpretation of what becomes of him! I applaud the way this author was able to merge the wizarding world of Harry Potter with mythology and folklore! It was very impressive and entertaining!


The Last story I felt a connection to was Suitor Tests

Ring on Book by Ylanite Koppens

I felt a connection to this particular storybook because while being a full-time student, I actually work as a certified wedding planner! After interning for a year, and being certified for a year and half, I've definitely seen my fair share of brides with cold feet and have helped talked them through their thoughts and doubts. I thought it was cool how the author brought in myths and fairytales to help make the story more emotional! 










Comments

Popular Posts