Time Strategies

 You could definitely say that I'm the queen of procrastination. I've always been terrible are procrastinating things that aren't super interesting to me, but when I have a task I have to complete that I find enjoyable or entertaining, I'm always super quick to get to it. This is why I found the article Time Management Tips Just for Creatives by Amanda Oliver super intriguing because I definitely like to stay on the creative side of things to keep it interesting. 

Time Management Coffee: Pxfuel

The point that jumped out at me the most in this article is number 3, work when you work best. I'm one of those people who like to get up super early, start my morning with coffee, and then jump right into my work so that I can finish it and have the rest of the day to get other things done. The other point I like a lot was number 6, do the worst things first. I liked this because this is exactly what I do. I like to do the things I don't enjoy first to get them out of the way. 

I also really enjoyed the article The Psychology of Checklists by Lauren Marchese. I'm a natural-born planner, so checklists and color-coded agendas are my things! There's something so incredibly satisfying about writing out a checklist and crossing each thing off as you finish it.

I think the biggest thing I'll have to overcome this semester, and whole year really, is procrastination, but I have faith that I'll break that bad habit as the semester goes on. Especially after scheduling out how my weeks will look in this class. By spreading out all the assignments in this class during the week, I have more confidence that I'll be able to manage my time better with this class and all my other classes as well.

Comments

Popular Posts