Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4: Ovid's Metamorphoses

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Twenty-Two Goblins  

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Chinese Fairy Tales  

Week 9: Tibetan Folk Tales

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Blackfoot Stories

Week 11: Alaskan Legends

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: English Fairy Tales 

Week 13: Celtic Fairy Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Russian Folk Tales

Week 15: Czech Folktales

I had such a hard time choosing what stories I wanted to focus on each week. I went through nearly all of them and found myself reading all the way through a lot of the stories on accident, but one section of stories intrigued me the most and I tried not to read them because I wanted to be surprised! I was super interested in the Czech folktales because of the different twists put on the stories I grew up with. I also felt this way about the Russian folktales. I'm also super excited about the Twenty-Two Goblins story because it'll be so different than anything I've ever read. 

(Basilisk, by F. J. J. Bertuch)

I chose the image of the basilisk because this story I'm particularly intrigued by because it's an extremely unique twist on the story Beauty and the Beast. I can't wait to read the surprise ending Laura talks about!



Comments

Popular Posts