Storybook Plan

Snowy Mountains: Patrick Wittke


First, let me tell you the main Idea for my storybook! Mixing Russian legends with the famous story of the Dyatlov Pass incident. The Dyatlov Pass incident was an event in which nine Russian hikers died in the northern Ural Mountains in February 1959, in very unusual and uncertain circumstances that were never explained.



Episodes:

1. I'd love to start the Intro off with the hikers arriving at a small village at the base of the mountain they end up hiking. I want the locals to set up the story and what's to come by warning the hikers not to go up that mountain because of the horrors the local legends tell about those that try to venture to the top.


2. Episode two I'd like to introduce a creature from Russian folklore, Two Zombie-like corpses, and the hikers must think quickly and escape


3. Episode three, the hikers get split up in the escape and one group encounters a strange misty figure, while the other encounters a mysterious man.



This entire storybook will be interactive, like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix, the reader will get to chose the path the hiker's take, either helping them escape danger or diving them in deeper. I got this idea after exploring different storybooks during week one of this class! My storybook inspiration came from Mythical Monsters of the New World. The whole storybook will be one long continuous story just cut into different episodes! I want my storybook experience to be fun and captivating for the readers. The Dayatlov pass incident is a true unsolved case so I wanted to play on all the theories of what people think happened and let the readers be a part of it by jumping into the fray as well.



Possible Sources (But I want to find a few more reliable sources)

Vampire and Ghost Stories from Russia

Dyatlov Pass incident

The Real Vampire in Russia and Slavonic Countries


Comments

Popular Posts