Little Rock and Barnes and Noble... My Favorite Places

Just like Laura (and I'll go ahead and assume it will be the same for other students as well), I couldn't just pick one place! I honestly could write a novel about all my favorite places, but I thought I'd narrow it down to just two! So, here are two of my favorite places.

Little Rock, Arkansas. One of my absolute favorite places in the entire world is my grandparent's house in Little Rock, Arkansas. At a very young age and even still to this day, I feel the immediate excitement that bubbles to the surface whenever my parents say we're going to visit my Nana and Poppy.
 
(Image Information: personal photo of my grandparent's home; photo from November 25, 2016.)
(Image Information: personal photo of my
grandparent's home; photo from November 25, 2016.)

I love everything about their quaint little home. To the little mountain their house sits in the side of, to the white paint and light blue accents, to the small front porch with a swing, It's exactly what most people would expect a sweet elderly couple to live in. There is even a large oak tree out front, complete with a hanging tire swing at the end of the long steep driveway. 

(Photo by Nicol Cavalcanti)

I think what I love the most about my grandparent's house, is that it never fails to feel like home. My grandparents are always in the driveway waiting, with smiles on their faces, ready to greet us before we even get out of our car, and there's always a large and overdone meal waiting for us in the kitchen. You don't ever visit the home of Betty and Bobby Tinkle without leaving ten pounds heavier, and without feeling completely loved and cared for.


Barnes and Noble. Barnes and Noble in Norman is my zen place, my second home. I know this may seem super silly, but everything about Barnes and Noble makes me so happy! I've always loved warm atmospheres, books, and coffee, and luckily, Barnes and Noble has all of these things! 

(Image Information: personal photo of Barnes and Noble
in Norman; photo from August 20, 2020.)

I've been going to the Barnes and Noble in Norman regularly for about three years now. I discovered it as one of the best study spots during the second half of my freshman year at OU and I've never looked back! I actually go to Barnes and Noble so regularly that the staff addresses me by my first name and the baristas at the cafe have my coffee order memorized! 

(Image Information: personal photo of the inside of
Barnes and Noble
photo from August 20, 2020.)

Have you ever heard the popular saying, "If I'm not at home, at work, or in class, you can probably find me at ...."? Well, this saying has proven true for me time and time again, because my best friends know that If they can't find me at home in our apartment, then I'm probably at Barnes and Noble. 

I'm always in such a good mood when I'm at Barnes and Noble. Being surrounded by such amazing works of literature, the smell of coffee in the air, It's so refreshing and never fails to boost my creativity levels. I have to raise my dozens of tattered and very used books to Laura on this one because I too, am a bookaholic!












Comments

  1. Oh, yes to both places, Natalie! We used to drive through Little Rock during family outings when I was little (back and forth between Tennessee and Texas), and I always thought it was such a nice city! And as for bookstores: yes yes yes. I spent many hours in that Barnes and Noble when I lived in Norman. Now I live in a very rural teeny-tiny town in North Carolina (we moved here for family reasons... and thanks to teaching online, I got to keep my OU job) -- there's no bookstore near here, but I console myself with AbeBooks online... a dangerous temptation, and it is open 24/7! Oh no! One of my favorite things about this class is the joy of introducing people to the digital libraries online like Hathi Trust, Internet Archive, etc. ... have you seen the Freebookapalooza blog for this class? I think you will like it... 1500 books, all just waiting for you, free to read and explore online! Freebookapalooza: link ... enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts