Week 8 Reading and Writing

Over the course of the first half of the semester, I definitely feel like I've learned a lot about writing. It took me a while to get into a rhythm that worked for me and my schedule but I eventually was able to figure it out! 

I'm very happy with how my blog turned out. I really wanted something simple and clean looking while showing a little bit of my personality! Having warm colors to set the tone, and a picture of a stack of books as my main background picture shows a little bit of the things I love. 

So far, I'm pleased with how my storybook is looking, but I'm still not satisfied with what I've written. I think I've rewritten it about a half dozen times but that's just because I'm a perfectionist and want it to be great! 

My favorite story that I've written so far is my Week 7 Story: Revenge in a Cave of Beasts. I really enjoyed the original, The Cave of Beasts from the Chinese Fairytale Unit, and was immediately inspired! I knew right away what kind of story I wanted to write and how I wanted to do it. The photo I used for the story is actually my favorite because it shows exactly how imagined the setting of the story to look!

Photo of woods by Zach Vessels

I really look forward to nailing down the details of my storybook for the semester. I'm actually super passionate about it and the topic it's over so I can't wait to finish it so I can share it with the rest of the class, I really hope everyone will like it!

Comments

Popular Posts